The complex of buildings situated between the cities of Lednice and Valtice is the biggest attraction. Besides the chateaus in Lednice and Valtice, worth seeing, there is the 19th century Palm Glasshouse in Lednice with the collection of tropical and subtropical plants. You can also visit Valtice Wine Fairs, castle in Mikulov, Jewish cemetery in Mikulov and, of course, see the Pálava Hills and the lakes of Nové Mlýny.
- Mikulov - a town with the remains of a Jewish ghetto, Jewish cemetery, tomb of the Dietrichsteins, museum of viticulture with a giant cask. Svatý kopeček (Holy Hill) over the town with a via crucis.
- Břeclav - church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary with the octagon ground plan, moder church of St. Wenceslas, synagogue and Jewish cemetery.
- Dolní Věstonice - archeological site, a museum exposition with the model of a prehistoric settlement of mammoth hunters. The place of world's famous finding of the Věstonice Venus.
Castles, Chateaus, Folk Architecture
- Lednice Chateau - chateau in the English Neogothic style with rich woodcarving interior decorations and garden with a 19th century palm glasshouse..
- John's Castle - former hunting lodge situated outside the chateau park in flooded forest. An imitation of castel ruins.
- Valtice Chateau - Baroque chateau with a honorary courtyard, riding hall and large gardens. In the chateau cellars there is a permanent exposition of National Wine Salon of the Czech Republic.
- Temple of Three Gracesí - colonnade with statues of Antic goddesses carved in one piece of stone.
- Temple of Diane - form of a Roman triumphal arch.
- Temple of Apollo - pavilion with an extension and sightseeing terrace on a top over the Mlýnský pond built in 1817-1819.
- Chapel of Saint Hubert - forest chapel consecrated to saint Hubert, the patron of hunters, built in 1855.
- Reisten Colonnade - building in Classicist style from the beginning of 19th century, with the view of Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape.
- Little Border Chateau - landmark in Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape built by the Liechtensteins between 1816 and 1819.
- Pond Chateau - villa from the beginnign of the 19th centuryl.
- Minaret - view-tower, belongs to the Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape listed in UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Mikulov Castle - castle on a rock over the town of Mikulov
- Cave Na Turoldu - cave in the former quarry Turold in the south part of the Pálava Hills. Coatings and bunches of sinter crystals remind of corals.
- Lednice Chateau Park - a park with a pond and sixteen islands. The complex include an acquaduct, artificial cave and Minaret. Many rare tree species grow in the park.
- Pálava Hills - protected landscape area and UNESCO biospheric reservation. Nature trail, medieval castle ruins.
- Nové Mlýny - dam lakes below the Pálava Hills. The Mušov lake with the Pasohlávky resort is a centre of recreation; the Věstonice lake serves as a natural preserve.
Contact us using the form
Items marked with an asterisk are obligatory.